Geneva Point Mission & History
Through the beauty of our natural setting and inclusive hospitality, Geneva Point Center provides a place to rejuvenate, nurture relationships and prepare to build a better world.
Geneva Point Center's site on Moultonborough Neck was initially purchased in 1919 by the International Sunday School Association as an eastern site for its Boys' and Girls' Camps. It later became a part of the National Council of Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. In 1990 the property was transferred to Geneva Point Center, Inc. for the purpose of continuing its mission as an ecumenical camp and conference center. For eighty-five years the Center has been a place where people's lives have been renewed and changed. In the summertime, hardly a week goes by without a visitor sharing stories of formative experiences at WINNI. With your help, Geneva Point Center can continue to make a difference in the lives of thousands of individuals each year.
Geneva Point Center is located on nearly 200 acres of woods and open land on the shores of New Hampshire's Lake Winnipesaukee. With its present facilities, Geneva Point Center typically is able to serve three to four thousand people each year. Many visiting groups bring their own programs, drawing on Center resources to assist in such areas as worship, waterfront activities, recreational leadership, and nature walks. Other groups and individuals come for programs developed by the Center. Recently the Center has hosted camps for children with cancer, workshops on communication skills for conflict management, family reunions, Road Scholar programs, and grandparent-grandchildren weekends.
For 96 years, Geneva Point Center has provided a setting where thousands of people have come during the summer months to think and relax, to renew their faith, to strengthen family ties, to commune with nature, to learn about their world, and to plan how to help others.